Friday, December 31, 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



It's almost 2022. A New Year and 365 new days ahead. Happy New Year!

I'm looking out my window at the white-snow cover, a red cardinal sitting in the nearby barren tree, and Grandad's Bluff in the distance. The temperature in La Crosse, Wisconsin is about 25 degrees F. and calm—warm enough for a pleasant walk. I bundle up every day to get fresh air and check out the weather. There have been some days where the blast of cold wind has been too much, and I immediately turn back, but most of the time it's enjoyable.

Comparing a walk along the Mississippi River to my former daily walk along the San Diego Bay is difficult, however, they both offer a beautiful bridge view. If you happen to like snow and ice, this December view (photo above) of the Mississippi River Bridge is the winner.

I will not even attempt to compare the San Diego Bay Parade of Lights to the Rotary Lights display in Riverside Park, La Crosse. Here are some of my favorite photos from this special winter extravaganza in Wisconsin.
















. ,


No comments:

Post a Comment