Saturday, September 17, 2022

THE BRIDGES OF STRASBOURG, FRANCE


The historic city center of Strasbourg, France (pop. 287,228) is set upon an island, surrounded by the Ill River. The banks of the river offer peaceful walkways where you can meander for hours to enjoy the splendid water views, old medieval structures, and covered bridges,

The covered bridge term still prevails even though the roofs were removed in the 18th century. The Barrage Vauban is the only remaining covered bridge.

Here are some of the awesome vintage bridges of Strasbourg—and why I keep returning to this part of the world. 











2 comments:

  1. Susan, I love the photos of bridges! I relax and find the water calms me and helps center me as I observe the sunshine ever making color changes on the water, and ripples constantly changing the surface. Water holds a healing element, and I realize how large is our universe, starting right there on that bridge! It is an awesome awakening every time, because every bridge is different. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete