Friday, August 28, 2020

MY VINTAGE JOURNEYS CELEBRATES TEN YEARS OF BLOGGING

 


Ten years ago today I began writing a blog and it still remains My Vintage Journeys. It has been a source of joy and a learning experience for me in many ways. I continue to believe that “Life is a Journey and it Keeps getting better.” 

When looking through blog posts from previous years I came across one that I described as an unforgettable experience at the time and one that still makes me smile. It is about a woman who tells her story as she sees it and works hard at what she loves best. Nikki Giovanni was an inspiration to me that evening in 2016 and she still is.

             February 24, 2016 post: "Nikki Giovanni on Race, Love, and Life."

                                                                     ********

 In honor of my wonderful granddaughters, Mila and Sienna, and all the other chocolate lovers in the world--a favorite poem by Nikki Giovanni:

                                                           "My Sister & Me

Chocolate cookies         Chocolate cakes         Chocolate fudge        Chocolate Flakes                  Chocolate kisses        Chocolate hugs        Two little chocolate girls            In a chocolate rug

No one can find us     We're all alone     Two little chocolate girls     Running from home    

Chocolate chickies     Chocolate bunnies     Chocolate smiles     From chocolate mommies       Chocolate rabbits           Chocolate snakes     Two little chocolate girls       Wide awake

What an adventure     My, what fun     My sister and me     Still on the run    Still on the run              My sister and me                 Still          On the run

                                                                                                              --Nikki Giovanni




















No comments:

Post a Comment