Wednesday, June 5, 2013

FROCK YOU VINTAGE BOUTIQUE--NORTH PARK

STORE FRONT


     Frock You Vintage Boutique, 4121 Park Boulevard (between Howard and Polk Avenues), has been around for over ten years and is one of the more highly-rated San Diego vintage clothing shops on Yelp. I decided to stop by and see first hand why it is so popular. 
     The frontage of the store is not particularly impressive--perhaps I am just not a fan of brown with round circles. I also think the title leaves a bit to be desired. However, the parking was available for an easy stop.
    Once I entered the store, I saw a wide range of clothing, shoes, hats, jewelry, belts, men's ties, sunglasses, purses, and night gowns to chose from. 
      Most everything sold in the store dates back at least 20 years, which is great for the vintage enthusiast. There is a good selection for both men and women. The pricing seemed fair and it varied with the age and label of the item. I found a Ceil Chapman taffeta black dress for $298 and a lovely 1950's black dress (no label) for $148. I especially liked a sleek Victor Costa purple velveteen dress at $48.


DRESS FROM THE 50'S

CEIL CHAPMAN TAFETTA DRESS
 

     I am looking forward to returning to the  

popular Huge Frocking Sale that is held every other month. At this sale, they transform the lot next door into a vintage flea market with thousands of items. Prices are mostly under $20 and they invite outside vendors to participate.  


MENS CLOTHING


COOL HAT SELECTION

      When visiting Frock You, don't forget to stop by the neighboring bfd-big front door [sic], 4135 Park Boulevard. They offer savory meat and deli selections. I can personally vouch for the tasty duck cranberry salad which was loaded with juicy tender duck--it was the best. My daughter, Anna (classycareergirl), enjoyed the caprese sandwich and macaroon cookie. They also carry a wide selection of wines and craft beers. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment