Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TUESDAY VINTAGE JOURNEY - SAN CLEMENTE TRAIL

SAN CLEMENTE PIER
Today is another grand day in Southern California - perfect for another Vintage Tuesday Journey.
One of my favorite walks is a San Clemente trail along the ocean that ends at the the San Clemente Pier.  I usually park free on the street near the Avenida Pico stop light on Pacific Coast Hwy.  From there, I walk toward the ocean and onto the trail.  At low tide I like to walk directly on the beach which is good hard sand for hiking. I always take time to walk out on the San Clemente Pier which  goes out in to the Pacific Ocean 1,296 feet and offers spectacular views and interesting people.  One of these days I'm going to bring my fishing pole and pretend I know how to fish just so I can sip coffee and sit on the pier for hours with the locals.  Not sure what I would do if I caught a fish but I bet one of the locals would help me. 
From the Pier you can continue walking for miles at low tide passing the former Nixon west
coast White House.
My husband and I frequently return to San Clemente for dinner at Selma's.  Ron needs to eat gluten free and Selma's serves a highly recommended gluten free pizza and the very best gluten free beer on the market which is Green's (made in Belgium and not easy to find). 

No comments:

Post a Comment