Wednesday, November 29, 2017

NEW ZEALAND TRAVELS - A SWEET ENDING


     It was our last night in Auckland, and I needed to take one last stroll down Queen Street before turning in for the night. Then, I remembered those delicious-looking Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts that I hadn't tried yet. This was my last chance to try one of the freshly baked gems. Fortunately, the little yellow bake shop on Queen Street was still open.

     Now you must know that I am not a real foodie, and writing about food on my first post after traveling around New Zealand for a month is a little unusual. However, I can not forget those tasty little creamy, puffy, cheese tarts, with the buttery crust—by far the most scrumptious dessert I've ever had. 

     The company that produces these little gems is based in Malaysia. However, the inspiration for them came from the Hokkaido dairy of Japan. The original Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart stores first launched in Malaysia in mid-2016 and have become a huge hit throughout Asia. The Auckland location (350 Queen Street) recently opened in August.

      The Malaysian firm, that produces the Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tarts, combines three unique cheeses to produce the savory and tart taste that makes them so famous.

     Remember that no matter how long you have been traveling, and how tired you are, there might be something new, interesting or tasty just around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment