Friday, June 1, 2012

DOORS & ARCHES OF THE PLACE DES VOSAGES PARIS


<><><><><><> </>
PLACE DES VOSAGES

My very favorite Paris book is  Paris: the Collected Traveler by Barrie Kerper.  It is a collection of  stories by various people who have spent time in Paris. One of the writers is Andre Aciman who always recommends the Place Des Vosages to first-time visitors on their first day in Paris, combined with a visit to the nearby Musee Carnavalet, the official museum of the history of Paris (free).  I decided to give it a try and started with a walk under all of the arches as he recommended.   It was a real pleasure including a short rest on a bench in the center park  -  totally surrounded by the Vosages buildings and arches.  This is an area I plan to return to very soon and I'm sure is will be more fun the second time around partly because I will know my way around better (to say I get lost a lot is an understatement). 

Doors and Arches at the Place Des Vosages: 











No comments:

Post a Comment