Sunday, October 24, 2010

VINTAGE TRIP TO NORTH MINNEAPOLIS

1601 DUPONT AVE. NO.


 It all started because of an article in the Minneapolis Tribune about OLD HIGHLAND in North Minneapolis.  My goodness I had never heard of this area and I grew up in north Minneapolis and worked in the city for many years.  So when I read the description of numerous homes built in the late 1800's I was on my way to find out what I'd missed.  It is an area concentrated between Plymouth and Broadway, west of Lyndale Avenue. 
According to the Tribune they have formed a mini-neighborhood within the Near North neighborhood, branding their 30-block area as Old Highland, with the catchphrase, "A small town in a big city."


1514 DUPONT AVE. NO.
Ornate Queen Anne residence listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Constructed in 1895-98

1501 DUPONT AVE.  NO.
Constructed in 1888


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your vintage journeys have not ended after your jetblue trip. Nice linking and great photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete