Thursday, October 14, 2010

VERMONT AT ITS' BEST

 Vermont in the fall is on the "bucket lists" and I can understand why.  It actually surpasses the great pictures and photos I have seen through the years.  The distances between towns were short and there was always something interesting around the next curve.  The covered bridges were the best and my husband found most of them (whoops I just found out there are 107 standing covered bridges in Vermont - he missed quite a few).   I jumped out of the car for each one and took  photos from different vintage points and had a ball.

We started in Burlington VT which is a great college town (Nicole and Kelsey are you listening?)  and drove north along Lake Champlain and then to Newport for the night.  We continued back through Stowe and Montpelier.  I also discovered Brown & Jenkins Coffee in Cambridge VT.  and placed  my first order for the Black Ice coffee today.

Yes I would like to spend some more falls in Vermont - maybe do some hiking and biking (they have great trails around Stowe) and then continue our road trip -  I know I missed some great door pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment